POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Down the Drain (WIP) : Re: Down the Drain (WIP) Server Time
7 Aug 2024 13:17:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Down the Drain (WIP)
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 24 Feb 2006 06:07:46
Message: <43fee902@news.povray.org>
SNIP some stuff and just keeping the vortex comments from Thomas de Groot
and Chris B:

> > It seemed to me that the drain itself was a little bit more visible
during
> > the process than in your image. Also, the dimple at the side, where the
> > vortex touches the basin, is much shallower I guess. However, that might
> > be
> > controlled by the total geometry of basin and vortex, so...

> I had just assumed that the deep vortex was representative of stuff going
> down the drain a little faster than normal.

I'm not quite happy with it either and will have to do some RL-experiments
and spend gallons of water just figuring out how to model it. :-) A little
too broad for my taste as well, though there will have to be some
adjustments just for the visibility of the other stuff going down the drain.

SNIP to Chris B comment:
> This could be due to a temporary
> increase in pressure from above or because the world just sucks a little
> more for a short while.

Yeah, world sucks more every day at the moment. :-(

Regards,
Tim

--
aka "Tim Nikias v2.0"